- 20 years Mac OS X troubleshooting & maintenance, OS X Server administration
- Mac OS X installers, scripting, deployment and remote management including DeployStudio, Munki, AirWatch, Casper, Absolute, Profile Manager.
- Apple integration with Open Directory, Active Directory, LDAP & Exchange.
- 9 years of iOS support, deployment & Mobile Device Management (MDM), including familiarity with Apple Profile Manager, Configurator, Casper, AirWatch, Absolute.
- Switched fabric/XSAN administration.
- Video editing, post-production & CMS.
- Written communication, documentation, training, designing training & lesson plans.
- Familiarity with UNIX CLI (Darwin, Ubuntu, Debian), Shell scripting, SSL, Kerberos, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Android, Chrome, Adobe Creative Suite.
Apple Certified System Administrator, Media Administrator, Deployment Specialist, Directory Services Specialist, Security & Mobility Specialist.
Apple Certified Master Trainer
Adobe Certified Expert, Adobe Certified Instructor.
Future Media Concepts, Cambridge, MA
Principal Instructor & Director of IT, November 2005-Present
As principal software trainer, stayed up to date with Apple and Adobe certifications, specialized in Mac OS X and OS X Server administration, iOS deployment and digital asset management systems. Led new course development, managed projects, and created unique IT courses and accompanying textbooks covering iOS, directory services, Mac & iOS deployment and MDM. Training particularly focused on Mac troubleshooting, and Mac integration in Windows enterprise environments, with Active Directory and Exchange. Created first training curriculum for iOS support at user- and enterprise-level.
As Director of IT, I was solely responsible for all equipment purchasing, rollout and IT support for over 300 systems and servers in 9 branch offices around the continent, in-person and remotely. Trained staff on emerging technologies. Created new installations of app environments for labs, including Mac OS X, Adobe, and Windows 7, running AutoCAD, Office, etc. Daily troubleshooting of Mac OS X and Windows. Also headed a project to bring classes online with Avaya teleconferencing systems in offices across the continent.
AppleStore CambridgeSide, Cambridge, MA
Trainer & Business Specialist, August 2004-February 2006
Formed & led the small business team, consulting with small business owners and self-employed professionals in the purchase of Apple Macintosh computers and servers for use in their businesses and their homes. Digital video expert, customer training, employee training. Helped create the Creative position which still provides in-store training to this day.
Christian Science Monitor, Boston, MA
Publishing Support Specialist, 1999-2002
Advised purchasing of Apple equipment, set up desktops & laptops in newsroom environment, provided on-site technical support and supported embedded reporters in the field with laptops and sat phones.
Freelance and consulting clients:
Child Development & Education, Harvard Business Publishing, Putnam, Fidelity, Dow Jones, America’s Test Kitchen, Bates College, CW Network, Boston Red Sox, Major League Baseball, Ohio University, Colgate University, MWRA, FBI, NOAA, SAP, Staples, TJX.
1996-2000 Mass College of Art, Boston, MA
BFA, Studio for Interrelated Media