With their $97 billion in cash:
- 65 Burj Khalifas
- A 12-core Mac Pro with 4 512GB SSD drives, a 1GB graphics card, a quad-channel fibre card, and 437,183,098 GB of RAM.
- Anheuser-Busch, with enough left over to buy everyone in america 3 six-packs of Bud Light
- Disney AND Sony.
- 84 million copies of Microsoft Small Business server with the premium add-on 2011. (download only, discs would cost extra).
- All the planes owned by Delta and United. That’s before depreciation.
- Home Depot and Lowes
- 1,829 TONS of gold.
- They could send the entire population of Sacramento into space, courtesy of Richard Branson.
- Every Major league baseball, basketball, football and hockey team, twice.
- Boardroom seats and dinner for 12 to every red Sox game for the next 140886 years. Not counting post-season games, but lets face it, that won’t be a concern for a while.
- Worried about iPhone competition? Apple could pay cash for Sony, Motorola, Nokia, LG, and RIM, and still have $35B left over.
Those are all fun, but if Apple’s smart, they will buy back some of their own shares. it’s still a bargain at only 9 times earnings. They could buy back almost a quarter of their shares.
Or issue a #$%&@ dividend already! C’mon, Tim!